Atlanta Jewish Academy is a college preparatory, co-educational, preschool-12th grade, independent Jewish Day School, guided by modern orthodox values and principles. We embody the ideals of community, tradition, individual development, and educational innovation. Atlanta Jewish Academy develops the whole person for college and life by fostering a love of Torah, Israel, and all Jewish people through an excellent secular and Judaic education within an inclusive, nurturing community.
Atlanta Jewish Academy is committed to providing an education of excellence that meets each student’s interests, abilities, and needs, within a rigorous dual curriculum of general and Judaic studies. Our graduates go on to attend leading universities and/or Judaic institutions around the world. They are community leaders, religiously grounded and inspired, imbued with a value system reflecting care and concern for the breadth of the Jewish community and the world around them.
· Inspiring a passionate commitment to the study of Torah
· Encouraging intellectual openness, questioning and critical thinking as essential components of one’s full service to God (avodat Hashem)
· Engaging in instructional programs that develop critical thinking skills as well as productive utilization of technology, creativity and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Challenging participation in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular service learning opportunities that enhance individual academic abilities
· Reflecting individuals who engage in a process of self-evaluation, self-monitoring, and commitment to the community in which they live
· A commitment to Ahavat Yisrael and love and support for the State of Israel.
· Endorsing a multi-level learning style that aids in the total development of each student
· Motivating each student to go beyond what he or she thought possible
· Unifying the Jewish people (klal Yisrael)
· Respecting the differences of others within academics, social, religious and business dealings
· Making the world a better place (tikkun olam)