Atlanta Jewish Academy is a college preparatory, co-educational, infant-12th grade, independent Jewish day school, guided by modern orthodox values and principles. We embody the ideals of community, tradition, individual development, and educational innovation. Atlanta Jewish Academy develops the whole person for college and life by fostering a love of Torah, Israel, and the Jewish people through an excellent secular and Judaic education within an inclusive, nurturing community.
Our core values include:
- The unity of the Jewish people (k'lal yisrael)
- Belief in God (emunah)
- Moral and ethical behavior (derech eretz)
- Making the world a better place (tikkun olam).
- Our programs endorse and challenge multiple learning styles; the total development of each student is paramount. Our graduates succeed at Atlanta's finest high schools and the most esteemed universities and yeshivot.
- General Studies consists of a rigorous curriculum which includes language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and a love for learning are major objectives. Our children are challenged to achieve their potential...and then go further.
- The Judaic teachings and practices of our school adhere to a traditional (halachic) interpretation of laws and customs. We teach the classical Jewish texts in their original languages, inspiring our students and grounding them in morals and ethics.
- The historical and religious importance of the State of Israel is central to our teaching, programs, and philosophy. Our students develop a strong connection to Israel and its people; they understand and converse in the Modern Hebrew language. We believe that the ideals and democratic principles of the United States of America are fundamental to our lives as American Jews.